Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

the scale


Even with my refreshed mind set of enjoying feeling stronger and more active during my day to day living, I have enough weight to loose that keeping track of weight loss is still profitable and motivating for me. I have had only 7 weigh ins and it seems like I have done everything under the sun. I have gained 3 pounds and I have lost 6 lbs! I have lost just 1 pound and I have stayed the same. I am aiming for an average of 2 pounds lost each week. The old me would worry because I am behind. I am down only 11 pounds when I am hoping for 14. 

My refreshed mindset has reminded that I am already down a pants size and I have made a significant leap in strengthening my abs! After all, would I rather the scale say I weigh less or have people look at me and know I look better? 

Because the scale is one tool I utilize to help myself, not just torture myself, I (loosely) analyze my week when there is no loss. Did I have a sugary treat or eat more bread items? Even if I use my correct amount of points for the day, extra treats can mess things up. Then I think about my activities.  How about my step count? Did I walk around during the day or just sit and play with the kids? Did I push myself during workouts or just go with the motions? Keep in mind that the week I pushed myself really hard was actually a no gain week. It is possible that I gain as much muscle as fat I lost. It all circle back around to my refreshed mindset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment